When people and especially females are asked to name their favorite blue shade, turquoise is one of the most popular answers. It’s no wonder turquoise is a vibrant light to medium blue shade that has just the right amount of green mint undertones to make it pop. It especially looks good on spring and summer months and compliments ideally blondes and gingers who are frisky and fun, but almost anyone can pull this out.
Turquoise Nail Polish Ideas, Blue, Light/Bright
Light/bright turquoise nail polish.
Light/ bright turquoise nail polish is great for spring or summer, or just when you want to brighten things up. Some great bright turquoise shade you could try out:
- China glaze in shade Aquadelic. This is a bright true turquoise shade in a thick formula that requires just 1 to 2 coats to show through, according to nail bloggers.
- Nicole by Opi in shade “I’m a belieber”. Another bright turquoise blue shade that’s just a tone lighter than Aquadelic and suits ideally those with cool skin
Turquoise blue nail polish
- Essie turquoise and Caicos. A true turquoise shade with mint green undertones. The formula applies nicely according to online reviewers but it may require more than 2 strokes to show through.
- Revlon Color stay Gel Envy. A cool turquoise shade that comes in a long-lasting formula which lasts up to two weeks, applied with its respective top coat.
- Maybelline Color Show in Urban Turquoise. A perfectly balanced turquoise shade that applies smoothly and has a natural semi-matte finish on the nails.
Turquoise Nail Polish Designs
Turquoise nail polish designs are perfect for spring and summer months and can brighten up your nails regardless of your skin tone. Some easy to make turquoise nail polish designs you could try at home are:
No 1: Turquoise French manicure tips.
Since French manicure is a classic all-time favorite choice for making your nails looking nice and polished, you could spice things up a little bit by using a turquoise shade instead if white as your tip color. The process is the same just like with any French manicure: you simply paint your nail with a semi-transparent base color such as a light nude shade, let it dry and then apply to the tips of your nails the color of your choice.
A tip to make the process easier when painting the French tips is to make a thin small curve first and then paint the nail tip with the rest of the color. You can also use special nail stickers for French manicure to get the perfect angle for each nail.
In this case, you simply stick the user line underneath the French tip area (usually under the third part on your nail), paint the upper nail tip with the French tip color, wait for it to dry and then peep off.
Finish off with a stroke of top clear top coat and your turquoise French manicure is all set.
No 2: Dotted flowers on white, pink, or supplemental colors.
Flower nail designs are still extremely popular and look especially nice on spring and summer. If you are going to use a turquoise shade as your base color, the best shades that will complement it and create an ideal contrast are white, yellow, pink, purple, red, orange, silver and gold. Blue and lights greens can also be used but they won’t create any interesting contrast with your turquoise base color as they belong on the same color family.
A simple way to draw flowers to your solid turquoise nails is to use a nail dotting tool which is very cheap and easy to find online or a toothpick. Start making a flower by making a small dot in the center of your design and then make 5-6 small dots around it to form a flower. You can make the dot yellow just like ordinary flowers or leave it all the same color with the rest. Usually, 2-3 mini flowers are enough to cover each nail although you don’t have to add the design to all your nails.
No 3: Turquoise base with silver or gold glitter bits on top.
Turquoise looks great with gold or silver sparkles and if you have an upcoming formal event, this makes a great and easy way to make your nails look more glam and formal for the occasion. To make this design, simply paint your nails with your desired turquoise base shade apply a clear top coat with glitters on top. You can find various transparent clear nail polishes in the market so there is no need to buy a glitter powder and a clear nail polish separately.
No 4: Teal summer nails with starfish, beach sand or sun designs.
If you want to stand out from the rest and show off your summer-y fun nails, this design is perfect for you. This does require a little bit of practice comparing to the previous designs but if you have the right brushes and tools, it’s not that hard. To begin with, start by applying your teal base coat and let it dry. With a special nail art tool brush, use a bright yellow or orange color to make a small sun towards the upper edge of your teal nails. With a thicker nail art brush, apply 1-2 generous strokes to make your sand. You can also add other beachy elements such as birds flying around sand buckets, etc if you are extra creative.
DIY Turquoise Nail Art Design Tutorial
Best Turquoise Nail Polish Brands & Names
Regardless of you’re the turquoise shade you are looking for, he best turquoise shades and brands are:
- Opi turquoise in shade Fly. A bright turquoise shade with a silky smooth finish that lasts up to a week with a top coat.
- Chanel turquoise in shade Mediteranee. Although this retails for almost $30 per bottle, online reviewers claim that it only requires 1-2 strokes to cover the nails and doesn’t chip for at least 5 days.
Originally posted 2021-01-01 08:28:00.