There are many reasons to spend some time on your nails, but sometimes you may run out of ideas. Not anymore because in this article, you’ll learn how to use magnetic nail polish, the top best magnetic nail trends and designs and much more. In addition, you can find out tips on Sally Hansen and OPI magnetic nail polishes.
What is Magnetic Nail Polish?
Magnetic nail lacquer is a type of nail polish that involves the use of a magnet. But how does it work? Tiny nail polish particles with magnetic properties react to small magnetic discs held over the painted nails. This produces a series of impressive effects like shimmer, metallic, and more unique shapes.
What is the Difference Between Magnetic Nail Polish and Metallic Nail Polish?
There is a clear difference between the two. In magnetic nail polish, you have to do the polish for each nail. If you leave it for too long, the effect of the magnetic discs will definitely not work to form the design. With metallic nail polish, you can definitely do one whole hand at ago and move on to the next since you don’t have to do anything else while the polish is still moist. In addition, metallic nail polish is very simple and gives the polished nails a shimmering metallic look while magnetic type is more complex than that. Most magnetic nail paint kits and brands only work with brands of nail polish that are specifically metallic.
Most magnetic nail paint kits and brands only work with brands of nail polish that are specifically metallic.
How to Apply Magnetic Nail Polish
Learning how to apply this type of nail polish is a question commonly asked by many who are trying it for the first time. Note that when you buy a magnetic nail laquer brand, each metallic color will come with unique magnet designs. These designs are usually located in the cap. Simply collect the whole range of magnetic nail designs of polish so that you are able to mix and match to get different colors and effects. Here are steps on how to wear or how to apply this type of nail polish:
Here are steps on how to wear or how to apply this type of nail polish:
- First, take your favorite base coat and apply it on your nails, then allow time to dry. This is not necessary, but a base coat helps protects and strengthens your nails for longer lasting results.
- Shake the bottle of your magnetic nail polish. This will ensure that the magnetic particles in the nail paint are well distributed.
- Carefully apply one coat of the magnetized polish you have chosen. Do not use the magnet just yet. One more coat will give your nail polish design pop and also allow you some room to correct any error you might have made in the first coat.
- Apply a second coat of the polish on your nails and IMMEDIATELY hover the magnets over the nail. Hover the magnet discs for about 10 to 15 seconds. You will see the magnetic effects appear.
- Allow time to dry, and then apply a top coat and then allow more time to dry.
Note: You might need a nail polish remover just in case you end up messing up and want to clean up your nails to start again. If it is not very messy, simply apply thinner strokes of polish over again before using the magnet as illustrated in the video tutorial below.
Trendy Tips When Applying and Creating Art and Designs with Magnetic Nail Polish
- You can experiment with different types of magnets and even magnetic objects. Using the magnetic nail polish discs in different directions can create all sorts of odd patterns. This is how nail paint and nail art trends are created.
- Magnetic polish is a little bit thicker than normal nail polishes and paints. Therefore, you can use it for stamping nails too.
- Avoid applying a second magnetic polish coat after you have used the magnetic discs. If you do, your nails are likely to turn into a big, black blob. You will start at square one applying the polish again.
- If you know how to make the polish at home, use a regular nail paint brush to apply it. Some of them come with magnetic nail polish pens that you can use to apply it. They work like a charm.
Magnetic Nail Polish Trends, Designs, Arts, Colors and Effects
There are many upcoming nail polish trends, and magnetic designs and trends have hit the market like a tornado. Shatter polish is even being pushed out of its solid place, thanks to the unique designs and art options that come with it. The trends and designs of this nail paint make use of different colors, arts, patterns and effects. Some of them are capable of producing amazing 3D effects on your fingernails. Trends keep changing from spring to fall to summer to whatever you can imagine.
Different effects can be achieved using magnetic nail polish designs, arts, and colors. These include, among many others, moon dust effects, Neptune sea effects, venus sunset effects, supernova effects, cosmic glow effects, dark silver effects, burgundy nail polish effects and blue magnetized nail paint effects.
Many brands are hitting the market with their own formulas for magnetized polishes. Some of the leading brands include:
- Layla Cosmetics (Layla Magneffect Nail Polish),
- Nails Inc.,
- Boots 17,
- Sally Hansen.
These produce different colors and effects Let us have a quick look at the best magnetic nail polish brands: Sally Hansen and OPI Nail Polish.
Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish – Best Magnet Nail Polish Brands
- Sally Hansen magnetic nail polish sells for about $9.99 in most local stores. The package contains the base nail polish and a magnet. That is all you will need to achieve a magnetic effect.
- Sally Hansen comes in a range of 8 different colors: Redy Response, Silver Elements, Kinetic Copper, Golden Conduct, Polar Purple, Graphite Gravity, Electric Emerald and Ionic Indigo.
- Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polishes are very easy to use since the procedure is not complicated. This is a huge advantage/pro for this nail polish. You can create different designs, including navy, star-shaped, holograms, zebra-like and just about any other nail art designs you fancy.
Opi Nail Polish – Magnetized Nail Polish
Opi are also pioneers of the best magnetized nail polishes and trends. Think of Skyfall the James Bond movie and there you have it – Opi Nail polish has a trend with that name called OPI Skyfall Magnetic Nail Polish. Editions and trends in this collection include diamond pattern, diagonal stripe pattern, morning Moneypenny and horizontal stripe pattern. You can choose the kit that you like the most.
If you have used any of these Magnetic Nail Polish brands, share your stories. Do they have any pros and cons? What tips have you learned with them? Do they stain your nails? We’d love to hear it. Comment below.