Thinking of trying pink french manicure? Herein, find how to do it, ideas for pink and white, tips with light pink, pink base, best pink nail polishes and designs
Just like white french manicure which is the usual norm, pink french manicure looks extra girly, feminine and elegant without looking too obvious. Pink french manicure is perfect for the spring and summer season and pretty much goes with everything.
The only downside of pink french manicure is that it can look a bit bland and not so flattering or dark olive and tanned skin tones. But for most fair to medium skin tone girls with cool undertones, this will look extra nice.
- How to make Pink French Manicure
- Pink and White French Manicure Designs & Ideas
- Pink French Tip Nails-White & Light
- French Manicure with Pink Base
- More Best Pink French Manicure Designs
- Best Pink Polishes for French Manicure
How to make Pink French Manicure
The steps for making pink french manicure are exactly the same as making the white one. The good thing about pink french manicure is that you don’t have to be extra precise in your lines, especially if the shade is a pale nude pink that doesn’t look too bright.
For making a pink french manicure, you will need a double-ended nail file, a pink or nude beige semi-clear base coat, a cuticle pusher, a top coat, and of course the pink nail polish.
- First of all, smooth away any irregularities with the finely polished side of the nail file making sure you don’t overdo it or you will thin them out. Swipe away any powder with a tissue saturated in a bit of acetone remover.
- Apply a thin stroke of base coat and let it dry.
- Apply the pink nail polish, making a curvy thin line first on the base of the tip so it’s easier to draw. Fill in the rest of the french tip.Do the same for each nail. Let it dry.
- Apply a layer or top coat on top.
Pink and White French Manicure Designs & Ideas
Pink and white french manicure basically comes in two main colors: pink and white. Other colors may be included but the additional colors wont stand out as the main two. The colors do not necessarily focus on on tip nails. Here is a gallery of designs and ideas
Pink French Tip Nails-White & Light
In this section find ideas for pink french tips, pink and white tip nails in addition to light pink tip nails
Pink French Tip Nails
Pink and white french tip nails
Light Pink French Tip Nails
French Manicure with Pink Base
More Best Pink French Manicure Designs
If you want something even more unique and creative over your pink french manicure, here are some design ideas to make it pop:
Pink french tips with golden line
To make this, you will need to repeat the basic process mentioned above but you’ll have to add a golden line just below the pink french tip, separating the tip from your main nail.
Glitter french pink tips
This is more tricky than the usual pink french manicure as it requires some extra steps and a special pink glitter powder but it leads to more unique results. To make this, you will need to get a fine glitter powder for nails, a special flat brush, a base coat and a top coat. The first step is to apply the base coat onto each nail as usual and then mix a few drops of the base coat with the glitter powder. Then take a bit of the mixture and apply it over your nails with a special thin and flat nail brush. Repeat the process onto each tip for more vivid, even and opaque glitter results and finish everything with a top coat.
Zebra pink french manicure
If you want to add a more interesting pattern to your pink french tips, you can add zebra lines. This design is very easy as you only need an extra thin brush or toothpick to make the lines. Just dip the brush or the toothpick to a black nail polish and do the zebra lines from left to right and right to left.
Flower pink french manicure
An extra girly design ideal for the spring and summer season that is very popular. To make small flowers over your pink french manicure similar to the picture below, the easiest way is to take a toothpick or a dotting tool and make one central circle as the core of your flower and small elongated dots around your flower to resemble flower petals.
You can use the same color for all the flowers of your nails, or different yet complimentary colors for a more colorful look. Of course the color of the flowers should be in contrasting shade to pink and not pink or nude to show through. White, orange, and yellow colors are best for this purpose.
Beaded pink french manicure
Here you will simply add small beads or rhinestones to add extra glam and sparkle to your french manicure. The process is simple. You can apply the beads with a wooden stick/toothpick below the tips before they dry out completely or use a special nail glue for extra stickiness and endurance. Don’t forget to finish with a layer of top coat.
Best Pink Polishes for French Manicure
The polishes depend on the kind of finish you want. It maybe a smooth, matte or glitter. Here is a list of the best for each finish
For a naturally smooth finish
- Essie in shade Boom Boom. This a bright baby pink color that is perfect for spring and summer and flatters fair cool skin tones. The formula also has a natural semi-matte and velvet finish.
- Milani in shade Pink Hottie. This a neon light pink that has a nice gel-like finish and looks extra nice for the summer season.
- Chanel in shade 165/organdy. This a true candy pink color with cool undertones that is ideal for any season. This also has a velvety semi-glossy finish.
- Revlon in Fuchsia pink. This is a perfectly muted shade of fuchsia pink that isn’t too pink or too deep and purple.
For a matte finish
- A colors in matte shade GNL 533 pink. A deep fuchsia pink shade with a fine matte finish.
- BYS matte nail polish. This a light pink shade that dries very fast to a soft matte finish.
- NYX matte nail polish. This a deep rose pink shade with warm undertones for those looking for a deep matte finish. The formula though applies a bit unevenly so you may need two strokes for it to go smoothly.
For glittery pink french tips:
- Zoya Pixie Dust. This a light cool shade of pink glitter with silver pink glitters. A perfect shade for all seasons and for special events like prom.
- OPI Vs Tourmaline. This is a deep fuchsia pink shade with medium glitters bits. A perfect summery shade for getting barbie-like nails.
Tips for that perfect pink french manicure:
- If you shade of pin doesn’t pop enough, apply a white tip as your base color just on the tip
More on French Manicure